Are you at home still thinking whether it’s worth queuing up for hours to cast your vote? Just a quick reminder that, that single vote is worth every minute of it. It could be the deciding factor when it comes to electing your preferred candidate.
Below is proof of how powerful voting is.
THE POWER OF VOTING.
1. In 1645 one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control
2. In 1649 one vote caused Charles 1 of England
to be executed
3. In 1776 one vote gave America the English
language instead of German
4. In 1839 one vote elected Marcus Morton
governor of Massachusetts
5. In 1845 one vote brought Texas into the union
6. On 1868 one vote saved president Andrew
Johnson from impeachment
7. In 1875 one vote changed France from a
monarchy to a Republic
8. In 1876 one vote gave Rutherford B. Hayes the
United States presidency
9. In 1923 one vote gave Adolph Hitler control of
the nazi party
10. In 1941 one vote saved the Selective Service
System just 12 weeks before Pearl Harbor
11. In 2017 one vote saved the Obamacare
health insurance plan from repeal and
replacement by the Republican party.
So get out and vote, vote to the last man, no vote
is useless, no vote is less important in the face of
democracy. Every vote counts.
Your vote may be the +1 needed to declare your preferred candidate the winner.