Ugandan national slits Kenyan wife’s throat after domestic quarrel

Residents of Njabini in Kinangop constituency woke up to a rude shock after a farm worker hacked to death his visiting wife before fleeing.

The middle aged suspect said to a Ugandan left the bodied covered in a blanket after the night attack before fleeing from the area.

His employer who discovered the body in the morning informed police who later launched a manhunt for the suspect who had lived in the village for over three years.

According to a local village elder Moses Gichina, the man slit the throat of the wife after a domestic quarrel and spent the night in the same house before fleeing in the morning.

“The wife has been visiting this home on several occasions but we don’t know what happened exactly before the husband murdered her,” he said.

A senior police officer who declined to be named confirmed the incident adding that they were questioning the employer over the incident.

“The employer does not have the details of his employee who is suspected of murdering the woman and he is been questioned over the same,” said the officer.

Meanwhile, police in Gilgil have arrested the main suspect behind the murder and brutal attacks targeting women in the area in the last two months.

A week after residents held a peaceful demonstration over the rising cases of crime, the suspect was arrested near Marula farm where he had been hiding.

Bloodied clothes and some of the crude weapons he had been using were recovered during the raid on an abandoned railway quarters which acted as his hide-out.

Soon after the arrest, one of the women who was attacked and seriously injured last week off the Nairobi-Nakuru highway positively identified the middle aged suspect.

For the last two months, residents of Gilgil have been living in fear over the attacks that have so far left two women dead and a similar injured.

Confirming the arrest, Gilgil OCPD Emmanuel Opuru said that the suspect was tracked to his hideout following a tip-off from members of the public.

Opuru said that they were interrogating the suspect to determine if he was working alone or with other suspects in their attacks.

“We have managed to arrest one suspect in connection with the attacks in Gilgil and he has been positively identified,” he said.

Photo Credits: courtesy

Read More: